This quick-and-easy Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe tastes as if you spent hours preparing it. Perfect for mamas with little time to spend in the kitchen!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut cream (or 1 cup heavy cream, for non-Paleo eaters)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 1-to-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Steamed basmati rice or cauliflower rice
- Cut chicken thighs into 1-2 inch pieces
- Place the chicken and sauce ingredients (except for the almond butter) into the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release pressure when finished.
- Stir in the almond butter.
- Optional: Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice or white rice, and garnish with cilantro.
Instant Pot: Pressure cooker will take 10-15 minutes to build pressure before the 6 minute cook time.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken, tikka masala, instant pot, pressure cooker, paleo